Favorite British Columbia Attractions
There are many British Columbia attractions to keep you busy and entertained while on your holiday in Vancouver.
Vancouver is a spectacular city and there is no wonder it is rated as one of the best places in the world to live or visit.
Before, during or after diving, my favorite things to do in Vancouver include:
• Ocean Kayaking around False Creek or Indian Arm
• Whale watching or eco-adventure tours
• Walking, biking or jogging the Seawall around Stanley Park
• Visiting and exploring the Vancouver Aquarium in Stanley Park
• Renting a boat and exploring the Vancouver waterfront and Indian Arm
• Taking one of the many scenic boat cruises from Coal Harbour
• Visiting the Vancouver Maritime Museum (former workplace of James Delgado from The Sea Hunters series on the History Channel) and the Vancouver Museum (both very close to each other)
• Touring Granville Island
• Exploring, playing beach volleyball and relaxing at the nearby beaches: Kitsilano (Kits) Beach, Spanish Banks, and Jericho Beach.
• Skiing or snowboarding in the winter and hiking in the summer at nearby Grouse, Seymour or Cypress Mountain Ski Hills
• Crossing the Capilano Suspension Bridge over in North Vancouver
Irene at Loving-Vancouver also recommends many spots for beautiful scenery, fun things to do and entertaining Vancouver attractions. Vancouver is the perfect place to visit and explore during your scuba diving vacation in British Columbia.
What was your favorite British Columbia activity while you were in Vancouver?
Victoria, British Columbia is a very picturesque city and has many British Columbia attractions to keep you entertained during your scuba diving holiday.
One of my favorite activities is just to sight see while taking the British Columbia attractions-BC Ferry from the mainland to Vancouver Island.
In the past, I have seen many bald eagles, seals and sea lions, a pod of Orca Killer Whales, groups of porpoise, and even witnessed a Coast Guard search & rescue operation along the way.
Other pre and post dive favorite activities include:
• Shaw Ocean Discovery Centre - Aquarium of the Salish Sea
• Ocean kayaking
• Whale watching adventure tour
• Walking along the Ogden Point Breakwater
• Getting a Starbucks and walking around Victoria’s Inner Harbour
• Having a microbrew or two at Spinnakers Brew Pub and Restaurant
• Trying a new, award winning wine at the Church and State Winery or other wineries not far from the Swartz Bay Ferry terminal
What’s your favorite and why?
Other British Columbia Attractions
Vancouver Island, which recently won the Best Island in North America Award, and the beautiful Gulf Islands are great places to relax, unwind and explore.
One other activity that I will never forget is my Bungy Jumping adventure in Nanaimo.
I have to remember it, because my friend Gwen accidentally recorded over the video that we bought after the jump!
They recently added a zip line, tree top adventure and giant swing so I'll have to go back soon to check it out.
We also like to:
• Snorkel with the seals over in Nanaimo
• Salmon fish or snorkel with the salmon after my dive in Campbell River
• Body surf, storm watch, whale watch and beachcomb at Long Beach, in-between Tofino and Ucluelet with Jamies Whale Watching, and then relax at the Wickaninnish Inn.
And if you like adventure holidays, check out British Columbia and other activities from around the world with Ultimate-Adventure-Vacations.com - your guide to adventure travel destinations around the world.
Visit their site for vacation ideas and activities that you'll remember for a lifetime - kind of like diving in British Columbia.
And please help us build this British Columbia attractions guide by sharing your favorite things to do here:
Return to Best Scuba Diving Vacations in British Columbia